Saturday 8 November 2014

Welcoming note



Welcome to my blog! I expect to write mostly about movies (hence the name), but I may wander away from that topic from time to time.

I watch many kinds of movies and shows, from various times and places. Usually, I jump at some type of films, feast on it for a while and then move on to something else, though never really abandoning my old interests. This blog will probably reflect this tendency of mine.

Just for the record, at the moment my movie diet consists mainly of Polish movies, both recent and classic (but not earlier then 1950s), before that I was devoting my time to anime shows, before that I was swallowing South Indian (mainly Tamil) movies by the dozens and before that I was hooked on dystopian sci-fi. Earlier than that I don't remember that well, but I think You get it.

So if You, just like me, enjoy variety and You like exploring new territories in cinema, this might be the blog for You. If on the other hand You search mainly for updates on most recent and popular stuff, I'm afraid I'll disappoint You. I never felt any need to be up to date with anything and live my life peacefully believing that hottest new releases won't run away. If the movie is any good it will still be after a year or two. Or ten. And lastly if You feel that Hollywood is The Cinema, You probably won't enjoy my writing at all. I feel that this particular industry finished eating it's tail long ago and is now sucking its own anus. So I'm not paying too much attention to it anymore.

With all that said, I'm not trying to be particularly hip or indie-loving and knowledgeable. I don't mind commercial movies at all. I think that among greatest artists in the world history not that many were independent actually. Many of them were just doing their job they were paid for, often fulfilling a very specific order. It's all about „how it's done” and not „where did the money come from”.

Well, I think that's enough for the introductions. I hope You'll enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment